LinkedIn - Students
*This course has been specifically designed to teach students how to leverage LinkedIn to kick start their career, find jobs and internships on LinkedIn and connect with influential people.
With over 6 million Australians on LinkedIn and over 430 million worldwide, it’s an essential part of business and your career. Over the next 10 years LinkedIn will be come the go-to site for job seeking and will replace the traditional CV. Yet only a handful of students are using it to it’s full potential. In this course we teach you to be one of those benefiting from this amazing career tool. Our course is face-to-face and hands-on, and the small course numbers mean you’ll be supported every step of the way by expert facilitators who have been using LinkedIn successfully for years. Bringing your own laptop means you’ll walk out of the course having completed much of your profile and had experience using some of the strategies and steps we’ll be teaching you.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Using a 3 step process you’ll learn how to create a job ready profile and reach out to connections on LinkedIn that will support you on your journey. If you don't already have a profile, we guarantee your new profile will make you look credible even with limited experience and roles behind you and will make the most of the experience and skills you have. If you do already have a profile, we guarantee we'll increase your ranking on LinkedIn and increase your ability to be found by potential employers.
You’ll learn the confidence to use LinkedIn to make connections and approach influential people. We'll show you how to search the LinkedIn Job Boards and how to increase your chances of success when applying. We’ll share with you the unwritten etiquette of LinkedIn that will give you confidence to shine on the platform.
- Translating your CV to a LinkedIn profile – and how to complete each section
- Experience, skills and recommendations – and how they work on LinkedIn
- SEO – how to create a profile using your skills and unique keywords and ensure you’ll be found on LinkedIn by the people that matter
- How to Complete Your Profile – what to include and how to write it
- Who to Connect With & Why – the etiquette of connecting with people and why
- The Value of Groups – groups can be gold, you’ll learn how to find the groups that matter to you and how to engage with them
- The Power of Recommendations – and how to feel comfortable asking for them
- How to Search – (nearly!) everyone you need to know in business and for your career is on LinkedIn, learn how to find them using advanced search techniques and what to do with them when you do find them
HOW YOU'LL LEARN:
- This course is 100% 'Hands On', you’ll bring your laptop and work on your profile throughout the course (please contact us if you don't have a laptop as we may be able to arrange to borrow one)
- You will have completed some pre-work to make the most of our time together and you’ll have a workbook to record your insights and learnings through out the course. You'll have a chance to ask questions as we go and will benefit from listening to other participants.
WHO DOES THIS WORKSHOP:
- Students at school, TAFE or University who need to create a credible profile that maximizes their skills and experience to date and will be searching and applying for internships and roles advertised on LinkedIn.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Your own laptop or easy to transport desktop
- An extension cord
- There are no skill prerequisites for this course, although it's expected that you have a good knowledge of your own computer
- You will be given some pre-work to complete before the course
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Free Wifi during the workshop
- Small group hands on training
- LinkedIn Workbook
- Learning Checklist
- 3 simple and effective LinkedIn checklists
- A guide to search and connect techniques
- A ready to publish profile!
- Online Group Membership 'Business Influencer Digital & Online Toolbox'
- Morning Tea or Afternoon Tea
* Cost on confirmation of location and date
* Discounted price reflected for individuals currently not in paid work and students