Squarespace is known around the globe as the leading platform for creating self managed, beautiful, modern and mobile-ready websites - without the need for a designer or developer. If you can turn on a computer and work a mouse, you can create your own website. And importantly manage your site as you grow with the need for expensive ongoing support.
Using Squarespace you can create powerful landing pages, striking galleries, a professional blog, or an online store.
You know that having a modern, effective and mobile responsive website is a must for businesses and consultants. And even for those not in business, the knowledge of how to create websites is a skill you can use for events, projects and just to tuck into your skill set for future jobs. There is no need to pay thousands of dollars each year to manage technical and complicated websites, Squarespace is the perfect platform for small businesses and individuals who want to use an easy, intuitive and beautiful interface, used by brands and businesses around the world.
Armed with content ideas that you will have completed as part of the pre-work, you'll design and build your own beautiful and effective website in just 6 hours, ready to take live when you want. We'll even help you get your own domain name and url.
Squarespace offers websites from US$9 a month. Learn how to design and build your own website from experts that have been using Squarespace for years.
9am - 3.30pm
What do you get:
- Free Wifi during the workshop
- Small group hands on training using Squarespace
- One-on-one support creating and building your own website using Squarespace
- Introduction to Canva to create beautiful and effective images and banners
- Introduction to email marketing with Mailchimp
- A finished product at the end of the day!
How you'll learn:
- This course is 100% 'Hands On', we work in small groups of up to 4 people and you'll work on your website throughout the day. Experts will guide you through the process and show you the tricks and tips to getting your website structure correct and looking professional. You'll have a chance to ask questions as you go and we'll cover all aspects of digital marketing and how to integrate other online applications with Squarespace (such as social media, enquiry forms, e-commerce, video and image galleries).
Who does this WORKSHOP:
- Individuals about to start their own businesses
- Businesses that are looking to redevelop and modernise their existing website
- Individuals looking to add website design and creation to their skill set
- Consultants and entrepreneurs
- Students wanting to use websites as a gallery for their projects or ideas
What you need to bring:
- Your own laptop or easy to transport desktop
- An extension cord
- There are no skill prerequisites for this course, although it's expected that you have a good knowledge of your own computer
- You will be given some pre-work
What else you'll get:
- Squarespace Resource Guide
- Learning Checklist
- Online Group Membership 'Business Influencer Digital & Online Toolbox'
- Morning Tea & Lunch
* Course pricing to be advised as locations and dates released
* Discounts available for individuals currently not in paid work and students